Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Final Reflection DFI

Well, today I feel really disheartened as I signed up for the google assessment last week and I never received the 2nd email with all the information.  After sending 2 emails for support from google I have not received a response and now can't sit the exam.  I know this is no ones fault but still it makes me feel a bit frustrated and I can't see me getting 3 child free hours to do it at home and I don't have anymore CRT this term.

In general I have found this DFI course to be highly beneficial to my teaching, personal knowledge and as a parent I can work alongside my son as he is very much at the same stage as me.

My favourite parts about the course have been the 'Pick a Path' session, the Mymaps session and the workshop on how to use sheets.  These were very practical sessions that I could incorporate into my classroom programme straight away, they engaged my class, made me feel successful and allowed me to grow in confidence.

The most disappointing part about the DFI course was last weeks session.  I found this session to be rushed, the presenter wasn't  very tolerant of those who were not that skilled in the areas she was covering and the Hapara presentation did not meet my expectations.

I have really appreciated all the opportunities that this course have offered me.  I really appreciate all the time and effort Nicola and Madeline put in to help ensure we have the skills required to run a digital classroom.  And last but not least I will miss Nicola's baking each week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words Amanda. I am sorry it did not work out for you to do the exam and feel your frustration. You have come so far with this journey and I hope you will get the opportunity to sit your exam because I feel sure you are empowered to succeed. Please keep us posted with how you get on.

    ReplyDelete