Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Reflection Wk 7

Using Youtube: 
Something I was completely unaware of is that if the children upload to Youtube we need to be monitoring the comments etc.  This is a total turn off for me as I don't like the thought that I would have to do this.  It is good to know that just sharing on our blogs is a nice safe place to do the share part of learn, create, share.

It was wonderful to get some one on one with Madeline around creating a Youtube account and setting up my playlist.  This is something I will use on a daily basis and it will help me to keep videos to use in a future setting rather than having to link everything like I have been.

New Vocab:
Channel - this is your account and if you upload things it goes against your channel
Playlist - where you can save other peoples videos that you like using.
Gimble - a camera that stays steady even when the handle or drone moves estimated cost $300

Using Google Drawing - 
As much as I have used this already it was great to learn all those little techniques for example you can change the page size.  My favourite thing I took from todays chalk and talk around drawings if the polyline and I was super excited to create the below in about 2 mins!  I can't wait to show this to the children.

Deep Dive with Kent - 
This scared me a little as I would not be comfortable live streaming but I do understand it is a skill that our students need.  I did love the examples Kent gave around the rugby game and olympic rings.  As a school we would not have the fund to purchase a drone but I could utilise Tim's one.  I am thinking on how I could include the use of the drone in the movie we are making for the West Coast film fest.

Slideshow 'Pick a path' - 
This part of the day was my favourite part!  This is a very practical and I know the children in Room 5 would love to do this as a writing task, it would also link into our fairytale theme really well too.   I also believe this would engage some of those hard to engage students.  I can't wait to update you and add in my finished 'Pick a Path' story on the 3 Little Pigs!

This is have a very productive day and I have really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. Go Amanda! You have blogged about so much from this session and it is great that you have been exposed to these new skills and can see the good and the bad with them. I really look forward to seeing how your class goes with your pick-a-paths. Kent's session was such an eye opener for us all. It certainly is amazing how empowered the students can become when their skills are live streamed to their whānau.

    ReplyDelete