Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Reflection Week 4

First thing I must reflect on was how awesome it was to have some non-contact time to play with some of the new things we have been working on.  This is what lets me down during term time as I don't have enough time to do justice to what we are learning.

It is great to understand that sharing has been happening since the dawn of time but the mode has changed.  In 2005 the world really changed with the introduction of Facebook, Youtube, Bebo, Twitter etc.  Social networking really took of and specifically Youtube's birth in April 2005.  I was also exposed to why we use blogger as if a parent or colleague asked why we chose blogger I could not have answered it but after today I have a strong understanding around the reasons why: 


I am going to share this awesome song to the children in Room 5 about being cyber smart:


It is great to get a recap on why google sites are so important to learning.  This has made me feel that I am not using my site to its full potential.  I also need further development around Hapara.  I need to stick to that 3 click rule as this will help with engagement.

It is great to go through the goole form/checklist to remind me what could go on my site.

Reviewing Websites - Some ideas I want to use on my own website:

Add a dictionary - http://dictionary.kids.net.au/

I really enjoyed having the time to play with the website and having the ladies right there to ask when I don't know what to do.  One major success I have is that I have been able to put my planning on the website.  This was a goal I set to do today and I achieved it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing today Amanda. It was wonderful to have that time to work on our Learning Sites and well done on getting your planning onto it. It is so meaningful to have Dorothy's knowledge shared as to the 'why's' of this learning pedagogy and to be able to refer to this content when speaking with parents is fantastic. Glad you liked the parody and I'm sure your students will too.

    ReplyDelete